Fish trap !!!

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any good recommendations for a fish trap. I know tank matez is a good one but any others? I need to get my coral beauty ASAP he’s gone rogue And being slightly aggressive towards my fox face that’s definitely stuck him a few times !

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recommend getting a fish trap that does NOT have section cups to hold in place. You may end up with the trap in your aquarium longer that expected. Hang on brackets hold securely.

OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recommend getting a fish trap that does NOT have section cups to hold in place. You may end up with the trap in your aquarium longer that expected. Hang on brackets hold securely.
That’s why I was looking into the tank matez they are magnetic. Very fancy lol

slacker036

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are correct, I ended up not using the suction cups from the Icecap and just placed it on a rock.

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the generic one on saltwateraqurium.com, its like 40 dollars or so. I've caught 2 tangs, one angel, and one cleaner wrasse using this. I place a small magfloat inside and it goes right on the glass, or i just let it sit on the bottom that usually works as well.

OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the generic one on saltwateraqurium.com, its like 40 dollars or so. I've caught 2 tangs, one angel, and one cleaner wrasse using this. I place a small magfloat inside and it goes right on the glass, or i just let it sit on the bottom that usually works as well.
This guy?

Attachments

• 47E744EB-2A5D-4C1D-A4D9-D1F0BE63590C.png
    47E744EB-2A5D-4C1D-A4D9-D1F0BE63590C.png
    330.5 KB · Views: 79

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have two types. They work when you bait them and have that string ready
eBay and Amazon have a good selection

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This it the one I use.
IceCap traps' suction cups are STRONG suction. I thought the twist offs were a little hokey until I used it first time on my first trap.... Spin the knobs to release trap from suction cups and then after fish rehomed I went back and get suction cups off. Like how I have flexibility to put trap anywhere and not limited to high up like hang on side trap. Yes, very first setup with the paper on acrylic is as bad as BSR reviews say, but if you know it, glass of wine during assembly helped me put together (giggle) and I have two IceCap traps (medium & large)

Magnets would be another good/flexible alternative, but I don't have trap with magnets (have acclimation box with magnets - love my Shu from Octo Aquatics!)

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used something like this. https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/imagitarium-medium-reptile-pet-keeper-aquarium
So what I did is to drill 2 holes. 1 to fit turkey baster and the second one for fish string. I filled turkey baster with frozen food and I was waiting gravity pulled that food down to the trap. I sat down with hot cocoa and I was waiting for fish inside. I pulled the string attached to the opening and it closed. Simple as that. I haven't even finished my cocoa :) Worked for all my fish. Even for the smartest one.

Cheap solution. Don't need to spent $43647764 for fancy solution.

Xbandit27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used something like this. https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/imagitarium-medium-reptile-pet-keeper-aquarium
So what I did is to drill 2 holes. 1 to fit turkey baster and the second one for fish string. I filled turkey baster with frozen food and I was waiting gravity pulled that food down to the trap. I sat down with hot cocoa and I was waiting for fish inside. I pulled the string attached to the opening and it closed. Simple as that. I haven't even finished my cocoa :) Worked for all my fish. Even for the smartest one.

Cheap solution. Don't need to spent $43647764 for fancy solution.
Hi, following your post! Where did you drill the holes and in what position you set the trap. I’m tying to get a mental picture of this idea… Sounds great idea and as you stated it worked… Will be grat if you share some pic’s.. Thanks for share..

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back