Fish wish list

Sinestro30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I’m new to the hobby and just wanted some advice/opinions on my fish wish list. I have a 220 gallon tank with 55 gallon sump. Aim to start with a FOWLR system and then add a few SPS corals later on. My fish and invert list is as flows:
  • powder blue tang
  • Hippo tang
  • Yellow tang
  • Clown x2-4
  • Banggai cardinal x3
  • Bicolur blenny
  • Schooling banner fish x3
  • Blue-green chromis x4-6
  • Yellow watch man goby
  • Orchid
  • Royal gramma
  • Fire fish
  • Blue face angel
  • Flame angel
  • Azure damsel
  • Flame hawkfish
  • Diamond goby
Inverts:
  • Emerald crab
  • Pom-Pom crab
  • Serpent starfish
  • Cleaner shrimp x3
  • Hermit crabs
  • Snails
Obviously I won’t be able to fit all of this in the tank but was just wondering what everyone thinks I could get away with, with a decent skimmer etc etc. And what would you not include or what wouldn’t work well together?

Thanks!!

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey welcome to the hobby! That’s a good list I like it. It’s a good amount of fish. You could put them all in there. I would start out with less though being that you’re new to the hobby. I’d hate to see you get overwhelmed with nutrients. If you are going to do all of them I’d consider getting something in addition to the Skimmer like a roller mat or algae scrubber or both. As for the blue face and banner fish you may want to consider removing them before you add coral. If you’re going to get the powder blue and hippo I’d look into ich management vs ich eradication and decide which route you want to go. Hope this helps best of luck.

OP
OP
S

Sinestro30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey welcome to the hobby! That’s a good list I like it. It’s a good amount of fish. You could put them all in there. I would start out with less though being that you’re new to the hobby. I’d hate to see you get overwhelmed with nutrients. If you are going to do all of them I’d consider getting something in addition to the Skimmer like a roller mat or algae scrubber or both. As for the blue face and banner fish you may want to consider removing them before you add coral. If you’re going to get the powder blue and hippo I’d look into ich management vs ich eradication and decide which route you want to go. Hope this helps best of luck.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I’ll defiantly look at ich-eradication vs ich-management. I’m planning on getting a quarantine tank also.

OP
OP
S

Sinestro30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So you don’t think all the above fish would be too much for a 220 gallon with a good filtration system? Thanks

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back