Fish with splitting jaw!

Update: His nasty injury has not progressed... maybe just wishful thinking but I think it may be starting to heal up a bit already... also, I am very relieved to say that he is finally eating! For some reason this time when I fed Mysis he just went bananas and ate like a pig. So as long as I can stay away from infections I feel better.
 
Another Update: The injury is heading in the right direction now. Redness has decreased and the wound is beginning to close up each day. I'm confident now that he will make a full recovery. I was finally able to take a good measurement too. He's a beautiful 4.85inch LNB. Very fun fish to have and I will enjoy him hopefully for many years to come.
 
Another Update: The injury is heading in the right direction now. Redness has decreased and the wound is beginning to close up each day. I'm confident now that he will make a full recovery. I was finally able to take a good measurement too. He's a beautiful 4.85inch LNB. Very fun fish to have and I will enjoy him hopefully for many years to come.
@Eusvolk93 excited to know! Keep us posted. Would like to see pictures of the LNB progress.
 
Another Update: The injury is heading in the right direction now. Redness has decreased and the wound is beginning to close up each day. I'm confident now that he will make a full recovery. I was finally able to take a good measurement too. He's a beautiful 4.85inch LNB. Very fun fish to have and I will enjoy him hopefully for many years to come.
Great to hear that it seems to be healing toward a full recovery! I wish the same could be said for some of the fish I have received dead-on-arrival...
 
Thanks for the update. A lot of these threads just endy up going away with out any update on out come
 
I will get some pictures in the morning with better lightning but I am really happy with how its going. He is not fully healed but it's made some dramatic progress and I can see now that the wound will eventually fully heal. He may have a scar but in no way will it effect him going forward. I am very happy with the result Kanaplex gave me.

I took a bit of a gamble yesterday, since my LNB is so big... I decided when at my LFS to purchase a small 2" LNB that they had. My thoughts were the mouth injury would deter my larger LNB from attacking the smaller if it turned out to be an incompatible sex. I put the small LNB into the tank and my big one was very interested but not aggressive... I let the small out and now they're very very happy together... swim together and eat together! I think I got lucky and managed to pair them up. Will continue updating!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new