OP
OP
FishDooD65

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build! I have a 55 being set up now and I will be upgrading to a 6ft tank in august I'll find out dimensions tomorrow. It's coming from a church member that is tired of it sitting in his basement so long story short I am looking to get LED's and using the same ones now on the 55 as I would on the 6ft tank so how hard was it to take off the lenses and do you plan on using the same fixture when you upgrade?

Thanks! It was really easy removing the lenses. Just take off the outer casing screws and inner board screws and then you turn over the LED panel and remove the lenses. Nothing to it. I also plan on reusing my lights, I will add another fixture when I upgrade to a 125 hopefully.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FishDooD65

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow your reef club is quite resourceful. I don't have one here, the closest is 100 miles away.
Yeah they are a bunch of great guys and gals who always help out.

I like it! It's not easy aquascaping a 55 but it looks like you did a good job of it.
Thanks a lot. My brother helped me out a lot. He has a great eye for it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice and love your name BTW! LOL!

OP
OP
FishDooD65

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice and love your name BTW! LOL!

Thanks Rev! I put my name on my pics in case anyone wants to steal them. Its happened before and its not cool taking someone else's pics without permission or even credit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FishDooD65

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its awesome how this pocillopora has gone from this

To this in a few months

Just to think that I almost lost this piece because of a bad temp swing my tank had. Im very happy with my setup so far.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FishDooD65

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't posted in here in forever lol. well there are a lot of updates some good and some bad. Unfortunately I have lost my Naso Tang to an internal worn parasite, it appears to be that anyways. She had a pinched stomach and was pooping white stringy poop. I have started an initial treatment on my tank with PraziPro, i'll follow up with a second treatment as well. I have also removed my mean Sixline Wrasse, he killed a watchman goby I added to my tank and the red fire shrimp I've had for a long time. I guess he got mean towards almost anything else I added to the tank so he had to go. I have also added a Melanurus Wrasse to replace the Sixline. I have only one small Blue tang in my tank and I added 2 more chromis to add to my single chromis so I have a small harem lol and I added a small Mandarin which is doing quite well. Total fish population now is A Blue Tang, Pair of Occelaris Clowns, Melanurus Wrasse, 3 Chromis, a Mandarin, and 2 orange Firefish. I plan on adding one more fish, a genicanthus angel of some sort. We will see. I have added and lost some corals. I lost my red digi and my yellow highlighter acro started to recede in tissue. I don't think I will add more SPS for now. im sure issues were relatingwith alkalinity issues with the NSW I use. I guess the local NSW had lower alkalinity and my level dropped 1 dkh too fast. I have picked up a frag of WWC pink Kraks, Hawkins echinata, Sunny D palys, JF Tarantulas, Colony of Armor of Gods and Brazilian Star zoas, and probably a few I can't remember right now lol. I will take some pics and post up soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FishDooD65

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Initial treatment of PraziPro is done and I performed a big 18 gallon water change, added my carbon & phosguard back into the system, and turned on UV yesterday. I will start the second treatment tonight and take out the carbon & phosguard and turn off UV again. I didn't turn the skimmer back on since it was still going crazy after the water change yesterday. All of the fish are looking good so far and eating well. No signs of pinched stomachs and no white stringy poop anymore. Lets see how things go, second treatment starts tonight.

Afishionado

Richard @ Afishionado Channel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Erwin, next time I see you, I will show you how to white balance your pics better. You gotta remove bit of red on your pics then it will look perfect!!

Fantastic update btw! It came a long way!!

OP
OP
FishDooD65

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Erwin, next time I see you, I will show you how to white balance your pics better. You gotta remove bit of red on your pics then it will look perfect!!

Fantastic update btw! It came a long way!!
thanks pal. thanks for the info about the pics, I realized that recently as well lol. Cadu had mentioned something to me about messing with the white balance and setting it to take better pics. I will take some better pics soon when I update, my corals have grown significantly in the last couple of months. My birthday is coming up soon, so I have a felling I will get my Lamarck or Spot Breast Angel from my wife lol. I told her I wanted one for the longest lol. So I'm getting cash towards the fish or she will work something out with one of my friends. looking back at those pics, I see what you mean lol. dam those photos are altered pretty bad lol. i'll do my best to make them better this time

Last edited:

Afishionado

Richard @ Afishionado Channel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually your pictures are on point Erwin.

I always try to get these three down when I'm taking pictures for other people.

Definition (depth)
Sharpness
Color

You have it pretty much down and I think by learning few features on your camera, I think you can knock this bad boy out of the park and be a great photographer.

I like your selection of fish that you have lined up. :)
I'm in que for Bellus Angel at the moment however, I recently had a little bit of parasite outbreak in my tank so new fish will have to wait until everything clears up. (this hobby never ends lol)

OP
OP
FishDooD65

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually your pictures are on point Erwin.

I always try to get these three down when I'm taking pictures for other people.

Definition (depth)
Sharpness
Color

You have it pretty much down and I think by learning few features on your camera, I think you can knock this bad boy out of the park and be a great photographer.

I like your selection of fish that you have lined up. :)
I'm in que for Bellus Angel at the moment however, I recently had a little bit of parasite outbreak in my tank so new fish will have to wait until everything clears up. (this hobby never ends lol)
thanks pal, I try my best with not knowing much on how to use the camera that well yet lol. I would love a bellus angel as well, I want something in the genicanthus family. but I as well am dealing with a parasite, hopefully after this second round of prazipro things will clear up and I believe I am heading in the right path as none of my fish are acting funny like shaking their heads or have white stringy poop. they are all eating now as well. We will see in time what happens.

OP
OP
FishDooD65

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parasites suck... hope you overcome that without any loss.
thanks you too. I still have all my fish except for the melanurus wrasse which I didn't see last night since I got home late and I believe its because since we just changed the time due to daylight savings time I think he burrowed in the sand before I got home lol. I guess he didn't get the memo lol. Anyways he has been a healthy specimen and Im not concerned about not seeing him, I'm sure he is there. I'll look for him when I get home later.

OP
OP
FishDooD65

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melanurus wrasse is there. All fish are accounted for and doing well at the moment

OP
OP
FishDooD65

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here it is, time for a photo dump! Lol, first here are the frags I got at the FMAS frag swap this past Saturday.
Goldmeister Chalice

Orange Pavona

Watermelon/Rainbow Mille

Forest Fire Digi

I also got a speckled green & purple hammer, not pictured. I also picked up some frags from some friends in the past
Hawkins Echinata (came out kind of green when its blue lol) dam white balance lol

WWC Pink Krakatoa

Purple Tarantulas

Sunny Ds

Here's a pic of my frag rack

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 110 43.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 121 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 23 9.1%
Back