Fishless Cycle

lisa.gregory11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever seen a tank drop nitrates without a water change? Last week my readings were: Ammonia:0, nitrite:1.0, nitrate 80ppm. This week my readings are Ammonia:0, nitrites:0.25, nitrates:10ppm. I've done a lot of research but not seen this. Thanks.

ReefdudeAdam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever seen a tank drop nitrates without a water change? Last week my readings were: Ammonia:0, nitrite:1.0, nitrate 80ppm. This week my readings are Ammonia:0, nitrites:0.25, nitrates:10ppm. I've done a lot of research but not seen this. Thanks.
Could it have been a bum test? Did you do it twice last week to double check?

Rhoads238

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think bulk reef's video on marine pure blocks had the same drop in nitrate. They were unable to explain why it happened because after a few more weeks, the nitrates shot back up. They suspected that it may have been bacterial bloom in the water uptaking some of the nitrate, then releasing it back into the water when they died off. 80 to 10 is a huge change though and i would try re testing to confirm the result.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%

Back