Fishlist for 132 gallon display

  • Thread starter Thread starter xVanchOx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

xVanchOx

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2021
Messages
23
Reaction score
4
Location
Bulgaria
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am making a 132 gallon display tank (total volume 212 gallon) with measurements 60"x22"x24"high (150/55/60h centimeters) with good filtration and I am thinking about stocking it (currently have 2 clowns, flame angel, flame hawkfish and 1 cardinal) my list for now is this:
collage.jpg


What do you think about it. I am up for suggestions changes or any oppinion you have that you think it will be better :)
 
3 tangs and angels is way too much for your tank IMO. Pick one of those tangs and I think you could get away with it. Lots of potential coral eaters in there too. Its kind of a gamble every time you add an angel to a reef. You are gambling a lot of times…

Also, with the exception of the clowns, you have a bunch of fish that all like to occupy the middle of the tank and swim freely in the water column. You might want to look into some fish for the bottom and rocks, like gobies, blennies, mandarins, basslets, wrasse, etc. It will add more character and interest to the tank, help keep things clean, and make a more peaceful tank.
 
It being a shorter tank I think youre asking for problems with that many tangs, six foot rule is the best practice. If it were me I would pick between the gem and purple, not do the hippo (they get huge) and go with the tomini and chocolate if you really want it, so 3 tangs total.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new