Fishofhex - TERRIBLE vendor. AVOID

Fasthandsslowmind

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2021
Messages
244
Reaction score
247
Location
Los Lunas, NM
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
I just wanted to take the time to warn everyone to avoid doing business with @FishOfHex

On 4/10 I placed an order. On 4/27 when I finally received it ( Packed using USPS padded envelopes, which is super unprofessional, as the taxpayer foots that bill, but ok) It was missing the glass drill bit for an overflow kit. When I brought this to the attention of fishofhex, they very rudely replied that despite the page very clearly saying it was included, and the price reflecting that, it wasn't. He offered a partial refund ($20) that didn't actually even cover the price difference between the kit with the bit vs without. I did NOT order a kit without a bit. If I wanted to piece this project together myself, I'd have done so from the start.

I requested that he just refund the whole order and asked for a return. Very rudely refuse. So I simply notified my CC company, provided the evidence, and they refunded my money.

I suspect that @FishOfHex is just a 14 year old living in his parents basement, (which would be fine, except for the fraud), as no professional adult in a service industry would conduct themselves like this.

Below is our email convo, make your own judgements (read from the bottom up) :


Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 9.43.46 AM.png


Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 9.43.23 AM.png
 
I just wanted to take the time to warn everyone to avoid doing business with @FishOfHex

On 4/10 I placed an order. On 4/27 when I finally received it ( Packed using USPS padded envelopes, which is super unprofessional, as the taxpayer foots that bill, but ok) It was missing the glass drill bit for an overflow kit. When I brought this to the attention of fishofhex, they very rudely replied that despite the page very clearly saying it was included, and the price reflecting that, it wasn't. He offered a partial refund ($20) that didn't actually even cover the price difference between the kit with the bit vs without. I did NOT order a kit without a bit. If I wanted to piece this project together myself, I'd have done so from the start.

I requested that he just refund the whole order and asked for a return. Very rudely refuse. So I simply notified my CC company, provided the evidence, and they refunded my money.

I suspect that @FishOfHex is just a 14 year old living in his parents basement, (which would be fine, except for the fraud), as no professional adult in a service industry would conduct themselves like this.

Below is our email convo, make your own judgements (read from the bottom up) :


Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 9.43.46 AM.png


Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 9.43.23 AM.png
Bro I agree I purchased from him recently for a light shade, and it didn’t even fit, I try to get a refund through PayPal but I had to escalate it through them because he wasn’t willing to give me a refund
 
I just wanted to take the time to warn everyone to avoid doing business with @FishOfHex

On 4/10 I placed an order. On 4/27 when I finally received it ( Packed using USPS padded envelopes, which is super unprofessional, as the taxpayer foots that bill, but ok) It was missing the glass drill bit for an overflow kit. When I brought this to the attention of fishofhex, they very rudely replied that despite the page very clearly saying it was included, and the price reflecting that, it wasn't. He offered a partial refund ($20) that didn't actually even cover the price difference between the kit with the bit vs without. I did NOT order a kit without a bit. If I wanted to piece this project together myself, I'd have done so from the start.

I requested that he just refund the whole order and asked for a return. Very rudely refuse. So I simply notified my CC company, provided the evidence, and they refunded my money.

I suspect that @FishOfHex is just a 14 year old living in his parents basement, (which would be fine, except for the fraud), as no professional adult in a service industry would conduct themselves like this.

Below is our email convo, make your own judgements (read from the bottom up) :


Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 9.43.46 AM.png


Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 9.43.23 AM.png
I tried to email him and he didn’t even respond
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new