OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol- can I get a mod in here to pull a couple posts please!!!

You stole my 400!!! Lol

Btw- I finally watched A Quiet Place a couple nights ago. I like me a horror type movie- 8/10. Couple minor plot points kept it from being a 9/10, but overall I loved it.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol- can I get a mod in here to pull a couple posts please!!!

You stole my 400!!! Lol

Btw- I finally watched A Quiet Place a couple nights ago. I like me a horror type movie- 8/10. Couple minor plot points kept it from being a 9/10, but overall I loved it.
I would totally agree with that. I do not like horror films. AT ALL! But I liked this film. It definitely had a couple holes, but I enjoyed it because it made me think about how my family would fair in those circumstances.

OMG! Did I really steal your 400th post! I was being funny! I am so sorry if you are serious!
If you are giving me a hard time...shame on you...I felt terrible about it! :)

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would totally agree with that. I do not like horror films. AT ALL! But I liked this film. It definitely had a couple holes, but I enjoyed it because it made me think about how my family would fair in those circumstances.

OMG! Did I really steal your 400th post! I was being funny! I am so sorry if you are serious!
If you are giving me a hard time...shame on you...I felt terrible about it! :)

Lol, just messing. 400 comments for the thread, ~1000 fir me overall .

Now, I never said holes. Minor plot points, I’ll concede. But *holes*? Nope.

Actually- what was the biggest hole you saw in the movie? Want to know if it’s what I think of as a minor plot contrivance

Fishy_mcfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol@navigatorWife. Mines the same way. Except she confused lilburn and lawrenceville the first trip out. We were an hour late for a viewing

Tours only apply to local residents. So I can guilt you into giving me frags... [emoji14]

Ok I guess I’ll wait then haha [emoji23]

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7e3fe9f43d70a1ed1e342f32f1409856.jpg

Today’s the day!!!

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7e3fe9f43d70a1ed1e342f32f1409856.jpg

Today’s the day!!!

More life in the tank!

Mine are just freshmen. Hey would did you do about the shell issue? I’d hate for mine to molt without a replacement shell and reef breeders sent me a handful of shells that are much smaller then the hermits lol

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More life in the tank!

Mine are just freshmen. Hey would did you do about the shell issue? I’d hate for mine to molt without a replacement shell and reef breeders sent me a handful of shells that are much smaller then the hermits lol

I got 5 extra from reef cleaners fir a pack of 20 hermits. 2 got moved into pretty quickly, the other 3 are too small or weird because they haven’t been used.

I literally was going to go to my lfs and ask if they had any dead snails they were tossing- otherwise, I was going to post here to ask, lol

I’m hoping that the hermits check for available resources before just dumping the old shell- but I did lose 1 that was running around shell-less for an undetermined amount of time before a bigger one snatched him up , so I guess that’s wishful thinking

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't you think there should be an "oh crap" button along with the like button?

Perhaps mildly cliche was a better description? Don't get me wrong, I loved it. It stuck with me for awhile. I will have to try to remember what I thought the holes were. Why did the dad have to die? I NEEDED him to be alive. They should have figured out the noise thing sooner. The dad dying and the end with all the creatures running towards the house with mom holding the shot gun...too cliche. Loved it but cliche.

Last edited:
OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't you think there should be an "oh crap" button along with the like button?

Perhaps mildly cliche was a better description? Don't get me wrong, I loved it. It stuck with me for awhile. I will have to try to remember what I thought the holes were. Why did the dad have to die? I NEEDED him to be alive. They should have figured out the noise thing sooner. The dad dying and the end with all the creatures running towards the house with mom holding the shot gun...too cliche.

Yeah- dad could have extricated if girl put two and two together sooner. But the sound thing didn’t work until dad put more amplifiers on the ‘new’ hearing aid, so it couldn’t have happened too much sooner.

I’d agree with the ending being cliche, but seeing mom go ****** and rack that shotgun is almost a prequel to the actresses role in Edge of Tomorrow...

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... I may get fired for how much time i just spent on this thread alone. I just went back from page one and do not know how i missed your question back a few pages back.

So:
1)PM if you are serious on the skimmer parts.
2) Holy beautiful.... from the family, to the tank, to the double view to the basement to... just all of it! well done.
3) I am stealing so much of this for when i move home. I just wish we had basements lol.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... I may get fired for how much time i just spent on this thread alone. I just went back from page one and do not know how i missed your question back a few pages back.

So:
1)PM if you are serious on the skimmer parts.
2) Holy beautiful.... from the family, to the tank, to the double view to the basement to... just all of it! well done.
3) I am stealing so much of this for when i move home. I just wish we had basements lol.

1) I kinda am, but low priority right now while I finish setting up and getting stocked. Feels too indulgent right now, lol

2) thanks, appreciate it. The girls definitely got their mommas looks. And smarts, come to think of it

3) steal away- I did. Just pay it forward by taking the time to do a build thread. Send me a message any time you need advice or have a question.

4) Jetties, mainly. It’s ok. Destin tends to be family time, and we’ve been bringing the in-laws with us since we moved to ATL, so sneaking out to dive feels too much like taking advantage for the baby sitting

But I’ve done a whole bunch of diving in Monterey, San Diego, Keys, Mexico, Egypt, UK (where I learned back home) some inland lakes in Kentucky, Indiana and Tennessee. San Diego for the wreck penetration diving, Monterey for 400 dives or so with sea lions, nudibranches, sea nettles and tube anemones and 10 foot visibility, lol.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Our livestock # just went from 5 to 127!!!

Bunch of QT graduates today-

Onyx Picasso Clowns x 2

5afaa843dd20eadebb6a69bd059181d7.jpg

17 assorted hermit crabs

891d922059db34c623d006be6685bc76.jpg

103 assorted snails
c984a3cf69f3697fb27da5e0cae56263.jpg
(not all of them, obviously)

Bonus additions-

One of the snails has a small barnacle on his shell- that’s cool

Another has a 1/2” long tube worm attached!!

I keep all my QT tanks at the same salinity and temp as my DT, so all I had to do was bring them up stairs from the basement and get them in there.

I still have to sift the sand in the snail QT, so im missing a few (maybe 25-30) snails from my shipment 2.5 months ago. I’ve only noticed a dozen or so empty shells, so a 90% survival rate over 76 days QT seems pretty good.

I may go to my lfs and grab a few of their BIG red and blue legged hermits. Not sure yet.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Michael J Foxface seems to be doing better. He still goes into stress posture and color if I stomp down the basement stairs a little too hard, or make sudden movement, but he’s eating like a pig. I’ve set up a cam to watch him throughout the day, and he regains normal colour within a few minutes of me leaving the basement, and swims around a bunch.

I think I’m going to finish out the copper in the 10g— 14 days at 1.81ppm will be next Monday— then move him to the 40b for prazipro and observation for 3-4 weeks. I think he’ll appreciate the extra space

0cc1171d83993481635aff9a07528b9b.jpg

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the new picks and the foxfaces name.. I just went with Foxy for the couple i had over the years lol.

Just let me know on the skimmer, no rush and i plan on always have that resource in my life.

Yeah i liked the Jetties for what they were. A free first dive that always caused me to think. Between the pulling current, micro life, stone crabs and resident sea turtle, i loved it. That said, i never beat out the boat dives. I am from Fl, lived in Destin for a couple years and have dove in way less exciting places that you lol.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my hitchhiker tube anemone got ripped out it’s tube and eaten by one of the big urchins. Up front, right against the glass so I could watch.

Algae grazers my butt...

Can’t catch a break today since waking up at 4 am with a headache.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back