Fittings on Slip x Thread Bulkhead Darining to Sump

  • Thread starter Thread starter DLJTWO
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DLJTWO

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2016
Messages
62
Reaction score
56
Location
Greece, New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to use several unions on the plumbing for my newest 65g set up and I'm confused by a few things. I want to use Slip x Thread Bulkheads so that my Standpipes can be removed from the top side but I no longer want to use any type of hosing on drain end of the bulkhead. I did that on my last setup and had it in play for over 20 years but I want to go straight PVC this time. I can't find an illustrations that show what connectors are used to go from the thread end of the bulkhead to a union... and this is something that I want to put in play in order to make my plumbing easier to take apart and upgrade in the future?

Would male to male be the right way to go in this type of setup and should I be concerned about leaks by not using a connection that isn't glued in place at this section of my plumbing setup?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new