Fix for Klir-4 Filter

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, just want to share a 3D printed part to fix an issue I had with my Klir-4 filter.

I'm not sure if it was due to my setup, or a design flaw, but I saw the filter cloth blow out the sides of the large triangular cutouts, allowing the water to bypass the filter completely. When I lowered the sensor to lower the water pressure, this problem would dissipate, but then I'd run through an entire roll of filter cloth in a week, and the cloth was still mostly clean.

My design, which will need to be glued into the cutouts, provides support to the cloth so the water is forced to go through the cloth and not around it. Now my cloth comes out the other end dark and dirty, the way it's supposed to be.

I recommend printing these one at a time as there is a lot of retracting, this will minimize stringing and cleanup (you can place at least 4 on a 220x220 bed and use the print one at a time setting).

Thingiverse link

di4_front_white.jpg 20230407_113200.jpg

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have instruction on how to install them ?
Just super glue, I used super thin but any should work, just take care not to get any glue on the inside (or sand it afterward). It's a permanent install but it has completely fixed my issues

Cajun86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, just want to share a 3D printed part to fix an issue I had with my Klir-4 filter.

I'm not sure if it was due to my setup, or a design flaw, but I saw the filter cloth blow out the sides of the large triangular cutouts, allowing the water to bypass the filter completely. When I lowered the sensor to lower the water pressure, this problem would dissipate, but then I'd run through an entire roll of filter cloth in a week, and the cloth was still mostly clean.

My design, which will need to be glued into the cutouts, provides support to the cloth so the water is forced to go through the cloth and not around it. Now my cloth comes out the other end dark and dirty, the way it's supposed to be.

I recommend printing these one at a time as there is a lot of retracting, this will minimize stringing and cleanup (you can place at least 4 on a 220x220 bed and use the print one at a time setting).

Thingiverse link

di4_front_white.jpg 20230407_113200.jpg
I would like to get that for my di4. You interested in selling some?

Eric Abe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same issue with my Klir 4, just installed the v2 yesterday and it sounds like a waterfall whenever it cycles new fleece through. I am going to print some off and hopefully it fixes my issue. I have tried lowering flow and increasing the water level in my sump. My water level is sitting up at the top row just as yours is. Cheers to you for making this if it fixes my problem!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back