Flake Food Suggestions - Anthias is Picky

mrhongkongwong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one particular lyretail anthias out of 6 that for some reason will not eat the Omega One Marine Flake food. I don't know a lot about flake food and what is important or not important but it says it has garlic in it to help fish to want to eat it I assume? I have the flakes in an auto feeder that goes 3x a day.

Are there other flake foods that might be better or worth trying?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one particular lyretail anthias out of 6 that for some reason will not eat the Omega One Marine Flake food. I don't know a lot about flake food and what is important or not important but it says it has garlic in it to help fish to want to eat it I assume? I have the flakes in an auto feeder that goes 3x a day.

Are there other flake foods that might be better or worth trying?
Mine go crazy for that exact food! You can try small pellets or in person use frozen mysis or brine

OP
OP
M

mrhongkongwong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried freeze dried brine? You can crumble the cubes down and throw it in also..
She still doesn't like it :(

All my anthias like and eat the following:
• NLS Marine Fish, NLS Algae Max, Nyos True Algae/Sweet Aloe/Wild Goji.
I haven't tried much of the NLS line but tried the pellets.

Anyone tried the Prime Reef Flakes from Ocean nutrition or possibly the Seachem flakes?

I bought some PE flakes which is made from mysis shrimp, no go on that either :(

Lib95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always had good luck with the Northfin flakes, their krill one in particular:

Ingredients: Whole Antarctic Krill Meal (Euphausia superba), Wheat Flour, High DHA Omega-3 Whole Herring Meal, Organic Kelp (Laminariales), Spirulina, Choline Chloride, Garlic (Allium sativum), Lecithin, Iron Oxide, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Astaxanthin, (mono and diglycerides, mixed tocopherols, citric acid, rosemary) Preservative, Manganese Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Iron Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Supplement), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin-5-Phosphate, Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K Activity), Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin.

kriskool123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She still doesn't like it :(

I haven't tried much of the NLS line but tried the pellets.

Anyone tried the Prime Reef Flakes from Ocean nutrition or possibly the Seachem flakes?

I bought some PE flakes which is made from mysis shrimp, no go on that either :(
I just started prime and my barlett Anthia loves it and so do most of my fish. Plus it seems like the only flake that raises nitrate more than phosphate which my sps love

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back