Flakes are better than pellets change my mind

Born2beblack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't put them in the fridge, it is too cold. Paul B. keeps in his workshop but he lives in NY. I live in the South so heat is an issue. I just got a small used wine fridge. I use it for my phyto and my worms. Works like a charm.
Haha no i meant her mom is afraid of worms. I coukdnt imagine if she saw all them

I use heat pads manly in the room so i dont overheat tank
Sits around 22 most the day
Summer i ac it so probs 18

Worm culturing is one thing i can do or else it get pricey feeding the lil dragons. Everything else in this reef stuff haha my gawd yall are scientist

Born2beblack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't put them in the fridge, it is too cold. Paul B. keeps in his workshop but he lives in NY. I live in the South so heat is an issue. I just got a small used wine fridge. I use it for my phyto and my worms. Works like a charm.
Actaully i have wanted to get into other phytos and such as i manly do things i can grow or raise. Ive dont rotifers and something else once and been awhile since then
Can you buy them in bulk to start off and culture possibly. I know you need a sump but most of what i do isnt practical in my nano system right now

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use small 0.5 mm pellets, my fish eat them, coral eat them, clean up crew eats them. They are just handy. I would use flake if I needed but they do tend to degrade quickly IME. I don't feed frozen or live food with the exception of baby brine for coral food. I have not seen any convincing evidence of fish doing better on frozen or live unless they don't accept anything else of course.

Back