Flam Angelfish Popeye in QT

  • Thread starter Thread starter duke594
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

duke594

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
241
Reaction score
10
Location
Smyrna
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Flame Angelfish about 2 weeks ago. It has been in a QT with copper
and eating and swimming normally. Today it was not moving much and when I
started looking at it I noticed the left eye is popped out and cloudy. He also
didn't seem interested in eating. I am using Copper Power and it is supposed to
be used at 2.5 ppm and I tested it with 2 different kits and I got 2.4 ppm on
one and 2.4 - 2.5 ppm with the other kit. I also checked the parameters and got
1.023 sg, 0 nitrite, 0 ammonia, 10 ppm Nitrate, 8.3 ph. I am unsure what to do.
Should I remove the copper? I have anti-bacterial medicated food and I tried to
get him to eat it and he didn't seem interested. Thanks for any help!
 
Flame Angelfish

I chnage 40% of the water and added a carbon filter for 12 hours. I then added
copper remover. I waited another 2-3 hours and then I added an anti-bacterial
medicine. The flame angel had amlmost stopped moving completely but, now he is
moving a little bit. Thanks for any advice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new