Flame angel size

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For as long as I have been interested in this hobby I have always loved the Flame angel for obvious reasons and after many years away from the hobby I swore that I would have one again.
I bought and received a beautiful fish slightly under 3". I have never seen any that have gotten much larger but again, I have been away for a long time.
Today I looked up the fish and it states that they can reach 6" with males being a little larger.
Does anyone here have one over 4"
Mine broke 3" finally and I would love to see him break 4"
Any input is appreciated!
20210813_172508.jpg

OP
OP
G Santana

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where the 6" max size comes form. Flames are listed as only getting 4" (10cm) long in Allen's "Angelfish and Butterfly fish".
That's exactly why I posted this, a quick Google search got me that info. But I've never seen one even 4", hope to soon lol

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one that got just to about 3.5", that's about it. I gave him to a friend and saw him some time later, didn't look like he grew any and my friend feeds like a fiend.

CrossXchaos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines probably 3.25" he's 2 years old and was grown from 1" my buddy game him to me for a wedding present but he has a male that's 3.75" and is 8 years old. I've seen dozens come in locally usually from Christmas islands or Marshall Islands and they are rarely ever over 3"

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back