Flame angelfish and flame scallop compatibility

flame angels are hit or miss. I've never had one nip at anything, but others have. They are also generally not nice to other fish of similar shape.
 
It depends. I have 4 dwarf angels in the same tank and they’re all model citizens (flame, flame back, key hole, coral beauty). I had one Coral beauty in the past that was a torch eating machine. It’s hit or miss. You’d have to test it out.
 
It depends. I have 4 dwarf angels in the same tank and they’re all model citizens (flame, flame back, key hole, coral beauty). I had one Coral beauty in the past that was a torch eating machine. It’s hit or miss. You’d have to test it out.
Would I try mine with a scallop?
 
Can flame angelfish live with scallops or will they pick at them?
I see the flame picking at the little hair like fibers. Flame scallops are generally not long lived and are filter feeders
 
keeping it well fed is a big help, i think that's why I never have any issues with my angel
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new