Flame hawk #2- drops dead

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a wrasse who was eating and dropped dead. I just assumed maybe he spooked and ran into something as I had him for a few years so not a new addition or anything. I turned my back and when I turned back around he was dying. Literally ate moments before. Either that or he had a fishy heart attack or aneurysm burst… or maybe he choked if fish can choke.

Definitely something acute happened. The fish looked perfect even after dead.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is covered, it couldn’t have gotten out. My working theory is that he was abducted by aliens. I had a blue spot jawfish disappear from my QT as well. Definitely aliens.
I was going to say that first but I didn't want you to think I was crazy .....lol :) :)

I've had fish hide in some crazy spots that are just not visible from any side, thats why I like bare bottom tanks, it's easier to see under rocks. ;)

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to say that first but I didn't want you to think I was crazy .....lol :) :)

I've had fish hide in some crazy spots that are just not visible from any side, thats why I like bare bottom tanks, it's easier to see under rocks. ;)
I thought of that, but the QT was bare bottom and I removed the PVC and HOB and still no sign of the jawfish. And the hawk is a perching fish, you wouldn’t think he’d be under a rock or something like that. So when you don’t see him for two weeks straight, that’s a sure sign of aliens.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought of that, but the QT was bare bottom and I removed the PVC and HOB and still no sign of the jawfish. And the hawk is a perching fish, you wouldn’t think he’d be under a rock or something like that. So when you don’t see him for two weeks straight, that’s a sure sign of aliens.
They can slip out through little gaps. Or maybe was eaten. CUC (and other fish) work fast

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta be ! Thats the only other possibility. Until you set up a camera as you sleep you will never know how much they visit you.

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve also had two and both just vanished. They were too big to have slipped the my tank cover, must have died in tank and CUC got them. Both from Liveaquaria.

Back