Flame Hawkfish Dying!!! Need Help!!!

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you say he used to sit on top of the return nozzle. Can you show a picture of where that is? I’m more accustomed to seeing them near the bottom so I wonder if he was already having a hard time with oxygen. How long have you had him? Was there any new fish or invert introduced decently?

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He likely won’t make it through the FWD.

Need to worry about other fish in the tank.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't they like... not have a swim bladder?
Yup, no swim bladder.

I had a falco hawk that went through the same as it was on its way out due to old age. Color began to fade and it was kinda listless for about 2 weeks and then passed. The fish may of been collected as already being mature for a period of time.

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, no swim bladder.

I had a falco hawk that went through the same as it was on its way out due to old age. Color began to fade and it was kinda listless for about 2 weeks and then passed. The fish may of been collected as already being mature for a period of time.
I almost never see a mature fish being sold, its usually always babies or subadults

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F
Seems to be breathing normal, maybe even a little better since I added the air stone in my tank. As you can see in the video, he’s trying to prop himself up and prevent himself from tipping over slowly as seen in the video. Also, he has always eaten normally. He was eating fine yesterday. But he didn’t really come out to eat today. I tried to direct feed him a little while ago, but he showed no interest. Also, not sure if this matters… but regularly, he is ALWAYS moving his eyes back and forth looking around. I have not seen his eyes move a muscle one time today.

or a fish not swimming it's panting

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you say he used to sit on top of the return nozzle. Can you show a picture of where that is? I’m more accustomed to seeing them near the bottom so I wonder if he was already having a hard time with oxygen. How long have you had him? Was there any new fish or invert introduced decently?
Yeah I wouldn't call mine a hawkfish. It spends more time under a rock than on top. But at times he does sit high.
Mine lost an eye early on due to popeye. So he's called Popeye.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 68 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back