Flame wrasse are tailspot Blenny

  • Thread starter Thread starter Phlynamjax
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Phlynamjax

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
320
Reaction score
192
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added small tailspot blenny to my tank. My large flame wrasse snatched tailspot blenny from the water column and swallowed the blenny. I didn’t see this coming....
 
Yep wrasse can and will eat smaller fish.
 
Thanks for posting this I was thinking of adding a Tailspot to my home tank where I have a med-large flame wrasse. I love mine here at work. But after hearing this no way
 
Sorry to hear, I guess it takes a flame to put out the rainbow that is a tail spot blenny :( Good to know.
 
Aren't flames one of the smaller fairy wrasse? We're talking about C. jordani, correct?
 
Yeah I have trio. My make is about 4 inches
 
Brings new meaning to the term ‘planktivore’.

But seriously, doesn’t surprise me. When I added a couple of medium Helcogramma I didn’t realise until it happened that some planktivores thought I was adding food!!!
 
I just added small tailspot blenny to my tank. My large flame wrasse snatched tailspot blenny from the water column and swallowed the blenny. I didn’t see this coming....
Seen wrasse eat feeder gold fish.
 
Sorry to hear about your loss... but I would say it wasn't much of a loss since it was a tailspot blenny. The flame wrasse is 100x's more striking than a tailspot anyway.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new