Flash Photography

  • Thread starter Thread starter Preston
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Preston

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
212
Reaction score
0
Location
MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm getting the hang of it with my SLR camera. Today was the first time I took pictures of my corals with the flash on. I have to admit the picture looks a lot colorful and sharper.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0741 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0741 (Medium).JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0743 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0743 (Medium).JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0749 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0749 (Medium).JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 140
Great pics! Looks like you are getting the hang of it. Are you using a tripod?
 
Oh yes way more crisp with a tripod!
 
Those anthias are stunning! How many do you have?
 
They are called Edward Anthias. I bought 6 of them but 1 died.
 
I have a Canon Rebel LT and use a Speedlite 430EX for flash.
 
Nice and crisp, clear, and sharp. Are you bouncing the flash off of a ceiling or are these taken with the flash head on but just dialed down?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new