Flasher Wrasse and Firefish Paired?

Tnops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have recently added a royal flasher wrasse to my 75 gallon a few days ago and it has been following my firefish ever since. The firefish doesn’t seem to mind and they are both often seen swimming together right next to each other. When the wrasse swims too far away, it darts back to the firefish. Just wanted to share this fascinating behavior between those two fish. (I’ll try to get video footage but the wrasse seems to be too scared of my phone)

20A17288-8AE5-44A8-9E1F-89E25FD501F4.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have recently added a royal flasher wrasse to my 75 gallon a few days ago and it has been following my firefish ever since. The firefish doesn’t seem to mind and they are both often seen swimming together right next to each other. When the wrasse swims too far away, it darts back to the firefish. Just wanted to share this fascinating behavior between those two fish. (I’ll try to get video footage but the wrasse seems to be too scared of my phone)

20A17288-8AE5-44A8-9E1F-89E25FD501F4.jpeg
It’s interesting because I find that wrasse are a more social fish (The exception being pseudocheilinus) but ever since having my first wrasse, I’d never have a reef tank without a group of them.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not really surprising as I have seen tangs, clownfish, and wrasses group up to other species to help themselves. Eventually they find their ways and separate as they become more comfortable in there surroundings.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not really surprising as I have seen tangs, clownfish, and wrasses group up to other species to help themselves. Eventually they find their ways and separate as they become more comfortable in there surroundings.
Yeah, although mine have been together for a year and they have yet to separate (then again- 5 of the 10 are wrasses)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back