Flasher Wrasse Chillin’ in Shade

Alexgar224

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
5
Location
Dallas, Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a flasher wrasse that I purchased recently (an week ago) and he seems to only chill in this little nook (as seen in video) and barely ventures out except to follow the goby for a little!

I’ve read that flasher wrasses are pretty big swimmers going all over the tank!

I was wondering if I don’t have enough hiding places for him to feel comfortable to venture out?! His hiding spot seen in that photo is just to the left of that middle rock under the arch!
IMG_1310.jpeg IMG_1312.jpeg IMG_1314.jpeg
 
Last edited:
That is unusual. They can be shy though. Might just need some peaceful open water fish.
What do you suggest?! I have a tail spot Blenny and then that diamond goby currently!
 
Is it a McCosker’s?

My suggestions
A second flasher of a different species
Royal gramma
Firefish
Clownfish
Possum wrasse
A small halichoeres wrasse like a yellow, radiant, dusky, etc
 
Okay awesome! I planned on getting a royal gramma to introduce last to the tank last bc of its territorial behavior!! So that looks like it’ll wrap it up and help the wrasse too!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new