Flasher Wrasse not moving

csb123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, sorry. I missed the part where you got him out of the bag.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope your guy pulls through. Wrasses are very good at playing dead. Unfortunately they are also good at getting dead. Keep the water oxygenated and if he pulls through, we can go from there. Do not stress it out more right now if you see no signs of immediate disease.

SoAg Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’ll be fine. It’s normal. Mine did the same thing when I first got him last month. Also did it the other day. Half hour later he is good as new. Don’t worry about lights, QT or anything else drastic. As long as you acclimated right he will be fine tomorrow

OP
OP
R

reef_boy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot, do you have a tight lid? They are jumpers!
Yes I do have a lid and thank you for helping
He’ll be fine. It’s normal. Mine did the same thing when I first got him last month. Also did it the other day. Half hour later he is good as new. Don’t worry about lights, QT or anything else drastic. As long as you acclimated right he will be fine tomorrow
Thank you.

OP
OP
R

reef_boy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post pics? I still think hes fine. Is he eating? He will need to acclimate and comfortable before being active
No he hasn’t been eating.I can’t get a picture because he just swam into a cave.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

reef_boy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here

FACF70BA-7932-4926-9862-038CE57D657D.jpeg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He does not look too bad right now. Offer lots of food and see if you can entice it to eat. Leave it be for a while. Wrasses take lots of time to adjust.

OP
OP
R

reef_boy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He does not look too bad right now. Offer lots of food and see if you can entice it to eat. Leave it be for a while. Wrasses take lots of time to adjust.
Thank you. Should I keep the bubbler on?

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this your main tank or qt? Cannot remember. Always kep good circulation. So if you have a skimmer or pumps at the surface, you should be okay. In qt, I always keep an airstone going and pumps breaking surface.

SoAg Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks normal to me. Mine was breathing heavy, laying on its side and settled in fine. I thought he was dead for sure. Since he has done it a few times then is fine in a day or two. Odd fish, but awesome at the same time,

OP
OP
R

reef_boy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this your main tank or qt? Cannot remember. Always kep good circulation. So if you have a skimmer or pumps at the surface, you should be okay. In qt, I always keep an airstone going and pumps breaking surface.
No don’t have a qt.

OP
OP
R

reef_boy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks normal to me. Mine was breathing heavy, laying on its side and settled in fine. I thought he was dead for sure. Since he has done it a few times then is fine in a day or two. Odd fish, but awesome at the same time,
Good news he is starting to swim and is now eating food.

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From your picture, it just looks like it's just scared and hiding. They will change color and intensity based on how they feel. I have even seen them go white when sleeping and then fully colored up when waking up the next am. I don't think you should do anything. Also, try not to hover too much. I know that sounds silly, but the big giant looking into its cave is pretty scary, too.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 19.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 134 76.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back