Flasher Wrasse Question

reelss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - I am considering a purchase of a Fairy Dot-Dash Flasher Wrasse. My LFS told me that in order for them to flash, I need another flasher wrasse. Is that true, or just an upsell?

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - I am considering a purchase of a Fairy Dot-Dash Flasher Wrasse. My LFS told me that in order for them to flash, I need another flasher wrasse. Is that true, or just an upsell?[/QUOTE
I don’t know that particular species. However, my McCoskers flasher flashed when he was the only wrasse. He flashes more frequently now that I have other wrasses.

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Otherwise known as a Linespot Flasher Wrasse. Not a fairy at all. It would help to have another male from another species to see him/them flash more. Even a single will flash when excited for example when he's fed. I would still have at least two or three.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A flasher wrasse will flash even if kept by itself, but it will flash more with other flasher wrasses present. Just make sure that any others are a different species.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A flasher wrasse will flash even if kept by itself, but it will flash more with other flasher wrasses present. Just make sure that any others are a different species.

Agreed! My linespot will flash at his reflection if given a chance, so no other wrasse/fish is needed. Mine loves to circle/flash his tank mates, which is pretty fun to watch, but nothing like the show my carpenters and linespot would put on, nothing short of amazing.

KMNewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My McCoskers flashes at me, at my solar wrasse and whatever makes him excited. So I would say no, you don't need another flasher to get them going but if I had known how gorgeous they are when they display, I would have gotten another instead of my tri-color.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 90 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 69 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 30 14.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back