Flashing red and orange death

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jason Collins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a used MP40 for $200... after a month a got the red and orange flashing of death. I took apart dry side to see if bearings went bad but i dont notice anything wrong. So in the end I assume I have to buy a new dry side for $200 so ill end up having a half new/half used MP40 for $400 bucks :(

My main question is what all comes with a new dry side... Does the controller come with it also? Because its possible my controller is bad and I'd hate to pay $200 and literally only get a new motor and it still not work right. So does the $200 dollar come with the motor and controller?... I just have to use my old power supply and wetside?

OP
OP
J

Jason Collins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Right which is why I figure I need a dry side. I'm just worried that if I spend the $200 on a dry side and plug it into the controller and it still doesn't work because there happens to be something wrong with the controllerest now I'm $400 into this dang thing and it still not work when a brand new one with warranty is only 350

BigKid4788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I always buy new. My buddies seem to buy used equipment and in the end spend more. Save a little longer and do it right. You'll be happier in the end.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wouldn't buy electronics used. they may work when you buy them and don't when you get home. no guarantee

OP
OP
J

Jason Collins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get it. People with unlimited budgets can go out and buy all brand new things so they don't have the issue I'm dealing with. But in reality selling used equipment is very common since all this stuff is expensive. I happened to get unlucky. Which is why I made this post asking what actually comes with the $200 "Dry side." I haven't heard back from Ecotech yet naturally.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do not monitor this forum FWIW.
I've gotten dry sides in the past from them and it does not include the controller. They sell motor side, wet side, controller without RF, RF module and power supply all independently.

OP
OP
J

Jason Collins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if im getting the red and orange flashing... that should mean the motor/Dry side is bad... So in theory if i buy the dry side I can plug it into my controller somehow and get it to work? It looked like the wires go inside the controller not just a plug. So I have to take appart the controller and hook the wires up?

And I know they dont monitor the forums. I emailed ecotech through their website. I have no heard back from them through email. I didn't mean that i was waiting for them to make a post. I made this post to ask people that may have the knowledge since ecotech isn't returning emails.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dry side refers to the motor.
Yes, it's 4 screws on the back of the controller and you pop the backside off.
Other option is that you can send in your pump and they will diagnose and repair if possible. A lot of the times, if they can't repair the dry side or controller, they might offer you a refurbished one at a discounted price.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'ld contact Ecotech and explain your situation, they're "reefers" and care about reefers and they're customer service is second to NONE.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back