Flate Rate

kingfisherfleshy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
818
Reaction score
19
Location
Central Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flat Rate

Anyone shipped softies flat rate?

Just wondering. I was talking to a buddy about it yesterday, and then had a customer said he would be interested. Offered him cheap replacement for ones that didnt make it.

Another thing...If I was going to do it, or ship at all to a place like Cali or Tx right now, would I want to include an ice pack?

30 Count one-half Pound Gel Cold Packs

I would be shipping in specimen cups with a "home-made" styro box inside the flat rate...specimen cups bagged in fish bags...Then ice pack?

Let me know what you guys think, this is my first time shipping corals. Thanks
 
Last edited:
IMO I wouldnt try it this time of yr its just to hot and pretty sure everything would be lost. Ice wouldnt last long but about 12-24 at the most so the rest of the time it would be cooking. You could if the temps where low where your at and where your shipping to but still a big risk this time of your. I would wait til fall before trying sumthin like that and still wouldnt recommend it.


also to much ice would take temps down to low and still could kill everything
 
Not even with softies? Those guys can go through a lot. I had a friend leave a toadstool out of water for 12 hours and it was fine. One of the frags I want to send is actually from that coral! :xd:

Guess we will see. Otherwise its overnight. :squigglemouth:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new