Flatworm ID - During FALLOW Period

SimplisticDesign

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2023
Messages
56
Reaction score
11
Location
Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently got ich in my tank, and my LFS has been generous enough to take in my fish.


It's been day 37 and today I noticed a lot of flatworms. Looked at many forums and unfortunately I do not have a microscope but will be taking to my LFS for a better ID, but for now can anyone potentially ID ?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0794.mov
    18.3 MB
Recently got ich in my tank, and my LFS has been generous enough to take in my fish.


It's been day 37 and today I noticed a lot of flatworms. Looked at many forums and unfortunately I do not have a microscope but will be taking to my LFS for a better ID, but for now can anyone potentially ID ?
Those are Acoel flatworms, probably what we'd call Ghost Flatworms (Amphiscolops sp.) - they're about as harmless as flatworms get, but it's still generally recommended to either remove them or get a fish that'll eat them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new