Flatworm remains water removal

RowanRen

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've recently discovered that I've had a severe red flatworm infestation for about a year now in my 10g. They never harmed any of my corals and I thought they were a type of algae.

Instead of using Flatworm exit I used a freshwater rinse on my rocks in a separate empty tank, but now I've got a tank full of dead flatworms and orange water, which im assuming is poison. Where/How do I dispose of the water?
 
Do a relatively large water change, run carbon and you should be okay to just flush the water down the toilet. If that's what you're asking.
 
You’ll probably still need to use flatworm exit. I doubt you got them all.

It doesn’t kill the eggs , so it takes multiple doses to wipe them all out.
 
You’ll probably still need to use flatworm exit. I doubt you got them all.

It doesn’t kill the eggs , so it takes multiple doses to wipe them all out.
Definitely, I just used the freshwater rinse to get the majority out of the main tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new