Flatworm Stop KZ

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it when I suspected I had AEFW, and what I noticed is increased slime coating during conditions where corals slime, taking out of water, basting, after feeding, the normal conditions that induce sliming. This increase in sliming is what the corals use to protect themselves from AEFW, the worms do not like the slime. So, does it kill AEFW, no, what it does is increase the health, in turn the sliming effect. Combining certain wrasse, blue leg hermits, peppermint shrimp, and dosing the KZ Flatworm Stop, and I could not find them on any corals within 6 months. I feel the product works

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it and coral booster 2ml or each everyday in my 100 gal. It's expensive but I can definitely tell a positive improvement when I use it.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
lets bump this up.

I have everything stable in my tank with alk, calc, etc but I am still getting pale colors.

I have both of these in storage so I am thinking about dosing them again. Wanted to see if everyone is still using them and if you can give me your experience and also some pictures of your tank or a link to your tank!

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lets bump this up.

I have everything stable in my tank with alk, calc, etc but I am still getting pale colors.

I have both of these in storage so I am thinking about dosing them again. Wanted to see if everyone is still using them and if you can give me your experience and also some pictures of your tank or a link to your tank!

Im not entirely certain Coral Boost is going to do much for color. If your light is good maybe you need more nutrients. Have you tried something like Acropower?

Here is my tank, it's about 8 months old.
Parameter
7.5 dkh
425 CA
1400 Mg
.02 p04
10 N03

I dose the stuff below per day
  1. 60ml - Aquaforest Component 123
  2. 3ml - Flat Worm Stop
  3. 3ml - Coral Booster
  4. 2mlIodide
  5. 2x per week 20ml Acropower
  6. Target feed not dose 2x a week 10ml each oyster, roti and phyto feast.
pZ6KMM4.jpg

gpwbc5C.jpg

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Im not entirely certain Coral Boost is going to do much for color. If your light is good maybe you need more nutrients. Have you tried something like Acropower?

Here is my tank, it's about 8 months old.
Parameter
7.5 dkh
425 CA
1400 Mg
.02 p04
10 N03

I dose the stuff below per day
  1. 60ml - Aquaforest Component 123
  2. 3ml - Flat Worm Stop
  3. 3ml - Coral Booster
  4. 2mlIodide
  5. 2x per week 20ml Acropower
  6. Target feed not dose 2x a week 10ml each oyster, roti and phyto feast.
pZ6KMM4.jpg

gpwbc5C.jpg

i have the sunpoer 8x80w with 2 reefbrites.

I have both flatworm stop and coral booster, I also have acropower but I stopped dosing all three.

I may start dosing acropower again at like 10ml a day.

How do you keep your sand so clean? Do you blow it with water daily or what?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people will not respond to a thread this old, so please post a new one if you have more questions.

Flatworm Stop from KZ does work well to kill AEFW. From what I can tell, is is wormwood and a few other ingredients like maybe Iodine and some other stuff. There is no Levamisole in this.

Flatworm Exit by Salifert does have Levamisole in it. This is not for AEFW and more for regular red planaria. I have used Levamisole a bunch and it is perfectly safe, but the worms release a very toxic substance when they start to die - this substance can kill all kinds of things.

Levamisole does not work well for AEFW in concentrations safe to use in a tank - few successes and many failures. It kills other flatworms very well.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
anyone still using this? Was thinking about starting this to help the health of my corals eventually.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back