Flatworms on Goniopora

brandowelsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I noticed my green flower pot hasn’t been opening/extending like usual, so I decided to look a bit closer. I chose to do a precautionary dip with CoralRX. To my surprise, several flatworms immediately began floating around the frag. I noticed a few flatworms on my front glass over the past few weeks. I’ve managed to simply siphon them out and I’ve seen less and less. Can anyone help me identify these and determine whether or not I should use Flatworm Exit? My tank is a pretty heavily stocked Evo 13.5 that I’ve had up and running for about 18 months. Any help is greatly appreciated.

IMG_9718.jpeg IMG_9717.jpeg IMG_9716.jpeg IMG_9606.jpeg IMG_9608.jpeg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have nothing that will eat them then they will multiply. Even if they dont eat corals they will cover them. I would try to get rid of them now before they get out of hand.

OP
OP
brandowelsh

brandowelsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have nothing that will eat them then they will multiply. Even if they dont eat corals they will cover them. I would try to get rid of them now before they get out of hand.
I wanted to go that route, some type of wrasse ideally. Unfortunately, I believe I had a bad case of Brooklynella that took out my clowns. I’m running fishless for the next 6 weeks or so to starve it out. I have Flatworm Exit. Do you think that would be a good idea as long as I couple it with a water change and fresh carbon? Thanks for the reply.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try. If you dont have many worms you wont get the high toxic level of a million dead worms.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back