Flatworms?

dnprall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife noticed these on the tank today. They are very tiny so sorry about the poor quality pictures/videos.

Flatworms?

If so, what should I do about them?

IMG_5466.jpg IMG_5467.jpg IMG_5469.jpg

OP
OP
D

dnprall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely flat worms! Do you have a lot of them? Try to manually move them if it's only a few
I am able to see a few on the glass. If I can't get them all, is there another treatment for it? (I'll admit that I haven't done any research yet).

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
U can add a wrasse that may have a natural predation towards them. I’d try to remove manual as much as possible over time w maintenance. If u do chemical make sure u have a water change ready cause they can b harmful when mort.

OP
OP
D

dnprall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U can add a wrasse that may have a natural predation towards them. I’d try to remove manual as much as possible over time w maintenance. If u do chemical make sure u have a water change ready cause they can b harmful when mort.
Thanks. And forgive me but what does "mort" mean in this case?

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Acoel flatworms. Harmless but they can irritate coral if there are too many. Had them in my last setup and they kind of self regulated themselves eventually and disappeared. You can tape some airline tubing to a stick and make a small removal tool to keep them in check.

Pillahump

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you do use flatworm exit, make sure to manually remove as many as you can see first so you don't harm your inhabitants/life in the tank. when flatworms die they release a toxin. It is safe to use just make sure to follow their directions closely after manual removal.

OP
OP
D

dnprall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you do use flatworm exit, make sure to manually remove as many as you can see first so you don't harm your inhabitants/life in the tank. when flatworms die they release a toxin
Thanks, I did a quick search and saw that. Appreciate the reminder!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back