Flatworms?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TMF89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TMF89

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2023
Messages
16
Reaction score
5
Location
Minnesota
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that what I'm lucky enough to get to deal with? They don't seem to move much, and I can blow them off the rockwork with a baster. Thanks guys!

20250620_202415.jpg 20250620_202424.jpg
 
I had a 120g like that. Flat worm rx completely killed them all without nuking my tank. Just do what the directions say and do 1 treatment then another 2 weeks later to kill anything that hatches from egg
 
Yep agreed with the above comment. Those do look like flatworms, although not the bad kind. I've had success with prazipro which is display tank safe and other forms of dip methods (bayer insecticide or iodine dip) which are not for the display.
 
Agreed, looks like red planaria. Some of my rocks look similar and I was hoping for a natural solution but I'm starting to lean towards chemical eradication if it goes on too long.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new