OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine. Have not seen a single flatworm in the display and I am sure the wrasse is doing its job. Sorry I don’t have a better pic of my sixline
20180627_190104_resized.jpg
Ya, I don't feel like it could have cleaned up what we had. It may have maintained the population. We have a yellow coris wrasse that picks at them, but again to many. Thought about the 6 line but didn't want to buy a fish I didn't want to keep long term, I have seen to many mixed reviews on agression level. Down the road I might consider one. I do appreciate your feedback, thank you!

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine. Have not seen a single flatworm in the display and I am sure the wrasse is doing its job. Sorry I don’t have a better pic of my sixline
20180627_190104_resized.jpg
Just checked out your 75 gallon video, nice!

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked out your 75 gallon video, nice!
Hey thanks, be sure to stop by my build thread regularly I just posted an update. Neeed to do another video.
I treatedmy tank for flatworms, its in my build thread too, no more flatworms and nothing else was harmed. Reef did not miss a beat, snails, shrimp, pods corals and fish all did just fine.

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope your treatment continues to go well! I had brown flatworms in my biocube 32, not nearly the population you seem to have had. I used FWE, followed the directions, did a large water change an hour later etc etc. I lost a midas blenny a couple days after the treatment. Everything else did fine. It makes me wonder if there was something else going on with the blenny that I didn't recognize, and the flatworm toxin was a final straw.

I still have a few flatworms. I have a pink streaked wrasse in quarantine to try to combat them. I would have gotten a yellow wrasse if the tank were big enough.

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope your treatment continues to go well! I had brown flatworms in my biocube 32, not nearly the population you seem to have had. I used FWE, followed the directions, did a large water change an hour later etc etc. I lost a midas blenny a couple days after the treatment. Everything else did fine. It makes me wonder if there was something else going on with the blenny that I didn't recognize, and the flatworm toxin was a final straw.

I still have a few flatworms. I have a pink streaked wrasse in quarantine to try to combat them. I would have gotten a yellow wrasse if the tank were big enough.
Thanks we are getting there. We hit them again a few days ago and had a few hundred die. I can see about 40 along the glass now which doesn't account for all the others we can't see. We had way to many for a Wrasse to keep up with. We do have a yellow coris that has been munching on them but a little fish can only eat so much. :)

Back