Flex Tube Fittings

TetoCCB

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2016
Messages
120
Reaction score
83
Location
Lithonia
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used Perma Loc fittings for flex tubing? Is it reef safe and is it reliable?
 
Any specific reason you're using Perma Loc fittings?

For more secure tubing connections...

I have a DIY chiller using 1/2" reinforced tubing... Currently, I'm using a ball valve with nipples and plastic clamps that don't seem very secure... The perma loc fittings seem more secure, but I wanted to be sure they were reef safe... The brand I've found is for drip irrigation...
 
For more secure tubing connections...

I have a DIY chiller using 1/2" reinforced tubing... Currently, I'm using a ball valve with nipples and plastic clamps that don't seem very secure... The perma loc fittings seem more secure, but I wanted to be sure they were reef safe... The brand I've found is for drip irrigation...

Gotcha, not sure on these, need to investigate their composition, looping in @Randy Holmes-Farley.

Have you considered using Mur-Lok?
 
The fittings are technopolymers - searching for more information on their properties... Seems if they're used for irrigation, they'd be food safe...

I'll check @Randy Holmes-Farley's threads to see if there's any mention...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new