Float Switch and Apex Breakout Box

Duncan Tse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently ordered a float switch but instead of the usual 2 wires it comes with, it came with a plug.

Is there anyway to connect this to my breakout box or would I need to buy something to convert the plug into wires?

4e7357c5f5d10598c32177d5d7c722f1.jpg

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could cut the plug off and then connect the wires to the box. If you don't want to cut the plug off then you can grab the appropriate female connector and wire a couple of wires to it.

OP
OP
D

Duncan Tse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could cut the plug off and then connect the wires to the box. If you don't want to cut the plug off then you can grab the appropriate female connector and wire a couple of wires to it.

Thank you so much for your help. I'm glad that I don't have to return this thing.

Is it just as simple as cutting the wire with scissors? I have no experience with any electrical work

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can cut the plug off with scissors but it may dull them. You can also use a utility knife.

It looks like the cable has a covering over the wires. You'll need to strip off a few inches of the covering and then strip 3/8" or so off the end of each wire. It shouldn't matter which wire you connect to ground and to the input of the box.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back