Flooded the living room.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, had a pretty terrible night last night and wanted to see if anyone had a resolution...

I had a 6" or so, 3/8 ID inch soft line connected to my pump that feeds my BRS dual reactor...

I had a 1/2" line which went to my BRS reactor stuffed in said 3/8 line (couldn't figure out another way to connect it to the pump).

Unfortunately the said line slipped out about an hour before I got off work last night, and my Fiance walked into the house with 20 or so gallons of water on the living room floor.

Does anyone know of any way I can Safely and securely hook the 1/2" line to my Sicce 1.5...since I cant use a barb fitting. (its the stiffer stuff, like RODI line).

I found this on BRS but I'm not sure if it will fit on my Sicce?

Appreciate any help...

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear about this and I hope you did not lose anything!

I unfortunately do not have the answers for you but I am giving this a bump for someone who may!

OP
OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about this and I hope you did not lose anything!

I unfortunately do not have the answers for you but I am giving this a bump for someone who may!

No livestock were lost, luckily... My sump got pretty much drained so the tank above stayed full. My floor is a bit messed up (fiance not a happy camper) and my AI Fuge light took a bath and no longer works...so thats cool. lol Was not a fun night

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well, had a pretty terrible night last night and wanted to see if anyone had a resolution...

I had a 6" or so, 3/8 ID inch soft line connected to my pump that feeds my BRS dual reactor...

I had a 1/2" line which went to my BRS reactor stuffed in said 3/8 line (couldn't figure out another way to connect it to the pump).

Unfortunately the said line slipped out about an hour before I got off work last night, and my Fiance walked into the house with 20 or so gallons of water on the living room floor.

Does anyone know of any way I can Safely and securely hook the 1/2" line to my Sicce 1.5...since I cant use a barb fitting. (its the stiffer stuff, like RODI line).

I found this on BRS but I'm not sure if it will fit on my Sicce?

Appreciate any help...
If this is larger. You can widen hole to fit exact.
You can also secure well with 2 part marine epoxy which will as strong as the structure and secured firmly

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No livestock were lost, luckily... My sump got pretty much drained so the tank above stayed full. My floor is a bit messed up (fiance not a happy camper) and my AI Fuge light took a bath and no longer works...so thats cool. lol Was not a fun night
Oh man I have had some things happen pretty close so I feel your pain!

It could have been worse and lesson learned for sure. Now let's find a solution!!

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vette67 has the perfect answer. I've used them before and they are fine, but I would recommend clamps with them because the tubes don't slip very far onto the barbs. (Stainless steel clamps will work as long as they stay dry).

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back