Florida Cerith Eggs?

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thought I saw a couple of my FL ceriths getting frisky the other day..questioning the ID as I remember the Mexican cerith having a more “zig-zag” laying pattern. Thanks in advance!
IMG_1778.jpeg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
what other snails do you have?

cerith eggs are usually clumpy and in a string formation. not small like this

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
thought I saw a couple of my FL ceriths getting frisky the other day..questioning the ID as I remember the Mexican cerith having a more “zig-zag” laying pattern. Thanks in advance!
IMG_1778.jpeg
Looks like either cerith or nassarius snail eggs which likely will become caviar for tank mates as they need cooler temps for survival and are often eaten quickly

OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like either cerith or nassarius snail eggs which likely will become caviar for tank mates as they need cooler temps for survival and are often eaten quickly
Dang forgot about the nassarius snails. I have quite a few of those haha! Appreciate that - I bet that’s it.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Dang forgot about the nassarius snails. I have quite a few of those haha! Appreciate that - I bet that’s it.
100% nassarius snail eggs….poor snail didn’t get to finish laying eggs before getting knocked off the glass most likely. you can see where it stopped towards the middle (of the top)

OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% nassarius snail eggs….poor snail didn’t get to finish laying eggs before getting knocked off the glass most likely. you can see where it stopped towards the middle (of the top)
Poor gal! I totally forgot to mention those earlier..my bad. Interestingly enough, I have two types - one that has a pretty much cream/white shell and the other has a splotched almost Oreo colored shell. The only reason I mention this is because I feel like I have seen the white ones in different life stages multiple times. From pea sized adults to very juvenile early stages..wondering if this may be from the darker one?

Who knows..wish it was ceriths :( I’ve had a few lay eggs a bunch with no babies to be seen. In an old set up I successfully spawned the smaller trochus snail a few times which I was excited about..free cuc. The two I have now are the much larger species and I’ve seen them spawn, but broadcast spawning not laying. No dice on their youngins either.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back