Florida live rock hitchhiker ID.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The worm is gone. I won’t be able to get a picture, but it’s legs or feelers or whatever those things are along both sides lit up a cool purple color under my Kessils.
The things on the side on chaetae (the bristles of a bristle worm; for anyone wondering, yes, Eunicid worms - bobbits included - are bristle worms, as they are from the taxonomic class Polychaeta).

jonnywink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep an eye out for more of the eunice worms. I use a red flashlight at night to see the monsters come out. Not sure how you'd get them out anyways though without breaking the rock apart. You can also check your fish at night for isopods stuck to them or use the stinky water trap method. Or...
On Fire Burn GIF by Searchlight Pictures
I’m a newbie and still learning. What is the stinky water trap method?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a newbie and still learning. What is the stinky water trap method?
I would search for it to get the details, but basic idea is that you put a pice of raw shrimp in a bottle and let it ripen throughout the day. Put a cone lid on the bottle (like a fruit fly trap) and put it in the tank at night--cirolanids go into bottle for the shrimp and stay in the bottle.

Caveat is that some people say the cirolanids can get out. So others have tried just using the water from the trap, suck it up with a turkey baster and slowly spray it against the glass--cirolanids head for the glass and you suck them up with the turkey baster and discard.

All of this happens at night, so not a bad idea to have a red flashlight or if you have an LED with red channel just turn the red up at night.

jonnywink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would search for it to get the details, but basic idea is that you put a pice of raw shrimp in a bottle and let it ripen throughout the day. Put a cone lid on the bottle (like a fruit fly trap) and put it in the tank at night--cirolanids go into bottle for the shrimp and stay in the bottle.

Caveat is that some people say the cirolanids can get out. So others have tried just using the water from the trap, suck it up with a turkey baster and slowly spray it against the glass--cirolanids head for the glass and you suck them up with the turkey baster and discard.

All of this happens at night, so not a bad idea to have a red flashlight or if you have an LED with red channel just turn the red up at night.
Ok. Thank you!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back