Florida panhandle Reefer

Reefermad88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon ya saltys,
I recently took the plunge back into the salt water world, and purchased a 90 gallon half cylinder. Oh, so badly how I wanted to splurge on a red sea rimless system, but I could justify spending 2k on a 70g tank stand and sump, thats crazy, and i am by no means rich.... so, I go to old handy dandy facebook and came across a guy selling this reef ready one for 800. Now, i couldn't pass it up because it came with the tank and stand, came with 150 pounds of cycled live rock, 60 pounds of live sand, the reef breeders light, the ice cap controller and powerhead, jaebo controller and powerhead, 1 powerhead for salt mixing, 2 buckets of salt, trash can to mix the salt in, 2 fish, and some snails. I mean WHAAT! Well dude just had a kid and set the tank up 9 months ago without knowing he had one on the way!! So congratulations to him, and to me id say!

I did it right this time. Complete Neptune Systems. All auto everything, i mean what a difference this has been, but i am just starting. I got all the equipment in, and started putting it together and getting it up and running, alot of trial and error, but i am a hands on kind of guy, so I like all this.
The skimmer hasnt been much of a pain, but aren't they all until they're dialed in, which I think I've finally gotten there.
I ordered quite a bit of livestock and just went for it, fortunately they're all doing quite well, and my parameter are holding strong. Little tweaks here and there. The Fusion systems is worth every penny you pay for it, if anything for peace of mind. WOW what a system. If you're on the fence. JUMP and get it!
I have attached some Pictures, I hope yall enjoy!
I live in Destin and would love to find some local saltys to do some trading with, hell we can even get out to crab island and swap reefing stories!

Obviously my frenchie "Mr. Cheeks" digs the tank!!
I havnt quite figured out the auto top off system yet, but im getting there.
Two issues I am having is one my PH is steady 7.9 and won't get above 8. If I use a buffer it moves Alk into the 15 16 range. I've done water changes, but i think I need to get some more fresh air into the room for oxygenation.
Second, the reefbreeder remote and light don't seem to be in sync very well. Maybe I just need to play with it more..
Well thanks for checking me out, I am looking forward to being a part of the reef2reef family.

20200815_185429.jpg
20200815_190724.jpg
20200815_185839.jpg
20200815_185345.jpg
-Andrew

20200815_185404.jpg 20200815_185052.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon ya saltys,
I recently took the plunge back into the salt water world, and purchased a 90 gallon half cylinder. Oh, so badly how I wanted to splurge on a red sea rimless system, but I could justify spending 2k on a 70g tank stand and sump, thats crazy, and i am by no means rich.... so, I go to old handy dandy facebook and came across a guy selling this reef ready one for 800. Now, i couldn't pass it up because it came with the tank and stand, came with 150 pounds of cycled live rock, 60 pounds of live sand, the reef breeders light, the ice cap controller and powerhead, jaebo controller and powerhead, 1 powerhead for salt mixing, 2 buckets of salt, trash can to mix the salt in, 2 fish, and some snails. I mean WHAAT! Well dude just had a kid and set the tank up 9 months ago without knowing he had one on the way!! So congratulations to him, and to me id say!

I did it right this time. Complete Neptune Systems. All auto everything, i mean what a difference this has been, but i am just starting. I got all the equipment in, and started putting it together and getting it up and running, alot of trial and error, but i am a hands on kind of guy, so I like all this.
The skimmer hasnt been much of a pain, but aren't they all until they're dialed in, which I think I've finally gotten there.
I ordered quite a bit of livestock and just went for it, fortunately they're all doing quite well, and my parameter are holding strong. Little tweaks here and there. The Fusion systems is worth every penny you pay for it, if anything for peace of mind. WOW what a system. If you're on the fence. JUMP and get it!
I have attached some Pictures, I hope yall enjoy!
I live in Destin and would love to find some local saltys to do some trading with, hell we can even get out to crab island and swap reefing stories!

Obviously my frenchie "Mr. Cheeks" digs the tank!!
I havnt quite figured out the auto top off system yet, but im getting there.
Two issues I am having is one my PH is steady 7.9 and won't get above 8. If I use a buffer it moves Alk into the 15 16 range. I've done water changes, but i think I need to get some more fresh air into the room for oxygenation.
Second, the reefbreeder remote and light don't seem to be in sync very well. Maybe I just need to play with it more..
Well thanks for checking me out, I am looking forward to being a part of the reef2reef family.

20200815_185429.jpg
20200815_190724.jpg
20200815_185839.jpg
20200815_185345.jpg
-Andrew

20200815_185404.jpg 20200815_185052.jpg
Welcome reefermad
Looks like a sweet setup.
Tunze 3155 ato is good.
The tank looks full already.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
nice tank,nice score!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Future Floridian here and want to go to the house IF they can get this Covid under control :(

welcome15.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back