Florida Ricordia baby?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sparent25
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sparent25

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2020
Messages
70
Reaction score
60
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
94E31673-5266-42EA-B6D6-A23D5C2A53AC.jpeg


I just got this Ricordia 1.5 weeks ago and i was going relocate it onto the dry rock. Is this one splitting off a baby and if so, should I wait until this happens before I remove it from plug and glue to dry rock??
 
It does look like its splitting which is awesome! I don't think moving it would really effect that process but I might recommend breaking the little stick part of the plug off with some pliers and gluing the whole top of the plug in place- glueing mushroom corals some times works but more often than not they will just detach from the glue as there is no skeleton structure for the glue to hold onto. it may look kind of ugly for a while but if its only taken a week and half to start splitting in your tank it should cover the plug relatively quickly (probably in a few months).

Hope this helps!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new