Flow for a 220

  • Thread starter Thread starter 300bowler
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

300bowler

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2014
Messages
289
Reaction score
73
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 220 gallon tank. This is my first big tank. The dimensions are 6' x 2' x 30". I currently have an mp40 and am looking at getting a mp60. Would these two power heads be enough flow for this tank???
 
The answer depends on the type of coral you want to keep. If the tank will be SPS heavy, I think you will need additional flow. My tank is 60"x36"x22", when I first set it up I attempted to use just 2 MP40s on the return end of a peninsula along with a closed loop. I was having a difficult time with my sps transferred from my old tank. It was not until I added an MP60 to the opposite end that my tank started to thrive.
 
The tank will be heavy on LPS with a couple small colonies of easy to keep SPS such as birds nest and Forest fire Digi being transfered from my previous tank.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new