Flow for a 29g Biocube with softies????

Afteraxl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 29 gallon biocube with AI Prime HD for lights, an Aqamai KPS power head 370-1050 gph.
I always come back to this question so my husband bought me this power head cause it has an app and I can change up the flow...
But....I have it set very low right now because my corals do not seem to enjoy it. The Duncan, Heliofungia (long tentacle plate), frogspawn...they all seem to hate it, they close up and shrink. I put the lights and the power head on on the same day and now I cannot keep my hands off the tank and I keep changing things up. So this might all be my fault but any opinions, advise, or experience with these products, I would love to hear what y'all have to say.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use a Jebao in my 29.

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a matter of positioning to get a good flow and not upset your soft corals. I run an MP10 and a Jabao 4 and that may be overkill but it helps keep dead spots down and I have mostly SPS so it's fine for my biocube 32.

Moving or pointing it in slightly different locations cam have a big impact on the flow of the water column so it should just be trial and error to find the sweet spot!

OP
OP
Afteraxl

Afteraxl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, I feel like I have been looking for this sweet spot since we got this tank.
I may need to just step away from the tank for a few days and stop messing with it :(

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lol, I feel like I have been looking for this sweet spot since we got this tank.
I may need to just step away from the tank for a few days and stop messing with it :(
You aren't alone. I have a flow issue in part of mine that I'm trying to resolve. The cube design makes it a challenge.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would you mind posting a pic? I have softies too. I think you are exactly right about the sweet spot.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back