Flow for large tank

bronzewhaler22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know about flow for large fowlr tank it is probably going to be about a 950g it is 240cm long looking for inexpensive way to get good flow for large predator fish

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to do alot of large Fish Only tanks for businesses when I worked at an LFS. Flow should not be super difficult. What I normally did was a closed loop. Tanks of this size benefit from good water polishing from some kind of canister filter. I usually used an AquaUV Ultima with a large external pump like a reeflo hammer head. One hammer head will give you plenty of flow and the Ultima gives you plenty of biomedia and good mechanical filtration to keep water clear. Tanks this large make any water clarity issues obvious.

Upvote 0

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back