Flow for sps dominate 93 cube

  • Thread starter Thread starter bonomo53
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bonomo53

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
665
Reaction score
222
Location
long island ny
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i just upgraded from a 57 rimless to a 93 cube. I'm currently running 2 mp10s at 100% and i'm thinking i need more flow. Unsure of what to go with for flow either mp40, mp10 or gyre 130? The tank is mostly sps. Here is a picture of the cube.
 
I have a 25 gallon cube with 2 mp10s (one 100% reef crest and the other 50% full on) and I think that is the perfect amount of flow for that size tank. IMO I would think you would need something to supplement the 2 vortechs you have. I like a lot of flow in my tank but still. Perhaps another one or an mp40 and use the other two 10s for random additional flow?
 
Not a bad tank for MP40's if Vortechs are your thing. You will definitely want more than a single flow source though...especially as the corals grow out, but probably before that. Keep the MP10's or plan for more than one MP40.
 
Thanks for the responses. Only reason i would consider the gyre is because i can place it along the back wall. Not sure how i would place the mp40. Also hearing the QDmps are alot more powerful is this true?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new