flow in mixed reef

  • Thread starter Thread starter Connor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Connor

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2015
Messages
60
Reaction score
6
Location
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a jebao wp-25 on my 90 gallon tank which was a awful choice on my part. So right now I don't have have enough flow and have dead spots everywhere. So my question is... would one maxspect gyre be good on a 90 gallon tank if so which size? If not would it be better to just get a matching pair of jabao wp-25s so that way the coral isn't just getting blasted on one side. I can tell you right now that I can't afford two maxspect gyres, I'm in highschool and my job only pays 10 bucks an hour. I don't want to make the cheap decision but I also don't want to be broke because I already just spent money on two ecotech radions. Thank you
 
Maxspects are good pumps, when they work. I've seen quite a few fail after a couple of months. I seen a number of Vortechs in use, and a number of Gyres in use, and can pretty safely say, the vortechs will probably be a better call in the long run. I can't say much about the jabao pumps, since I've never used one.
 
my buddy has 1 maxspect gyre the bigger one on his 150 gallon tank and his fish and coral love it no dead spots in his tank and on my 220 i have 2 of the jebao rw15's and get flow threw out the whole tank so for the 90 id just go with what you can afford but if u go with the gyre pump i think u could get away with just that one
 
I have a 90 gallon also and I use two mp40wes and it works great for me
 
replace with 2 rw15 and goto town. a single powerhead will almost always leave dead spots.
 
Hi,every one.
I have a one jebao rw 8 and one newa aquarium system with flow 3900 l/h in other side tank.I flow rate is good or not?
Thanks,
 
I have a 40b with two rw4 and a wp25. Once I set the flow patterns and speeds I have amazing flow thru the whole tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new