Flow meeter on UV systems?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jkobel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jkobel

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2016
Messages
317
Reaction score
126
Location
Boston, MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those using flow meters on their UV systems, what is the typical size flow meter?

I've ordered a AU 25 watt UV sterilizer and Sicce Syncra 2.0 pump that is 568 gph. I'm shooting for 400 gph to manage ich so I'm thinking about a Neptune flow meter which come in 1" or 1/2" sizes.

The UV unit has openings for 3/4" - which is the best size to use? Is it better to size the meter up or down? Seems like a silly question but my fluid dynamics class was loooooong ago.

Thx!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new