Flow Meter Extremism?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, my flow meter is randomly going extreme (both ends). Any ideas on what causes this and the fix? (It normally runs around 300 gph)
Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 11.05.52 PM.png

OP
OP
themcfreak

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have shut off return pump, and my other flow meters go to 0 (as expected) but this one went between 3000-9000 gph even when pump is completely off)

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the device type on the fmm port. This can happen when in auto detect mode and it detects wrong in my experience. I like to manually and permanently select the device.

OP
OP
themcfreak

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the device type on the fmm port. This can happen when in auto detect mode and it detects wrong in my experience. I like to manually and permanently select the device.
I did check that it says it detected a 1" probe, which it did. Let me try turning off auto detect, just in case. :)

OP
OP
themcfreak

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, turned off auto detect. Didn't make a difference. Told it that it was a 2" sensor, nothing. Turned it back to auto detect, and then it went to 0 GPH and been there since. lol

OP
OP
themcfreak

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clean it yet?
After it has been at 0, that makes more sense that something is keeping the wheel from spinning. But if it was dirty, what would cause the high/low numbers from the original image?

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After it has been at 0, that makes more sense that something is keeping the wheel from spinning. But if it was dirty, what would cause the high/low numbers from the original image?

Interference or plug wasn't seated fully. Do you have anything that is named like it?

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune flow meters are widely inaccurate and have many issues.
I used 1" and 3/4" and solniod in my plumbing setup and auto top off....i could not regret it more.
Both the ATK and the FMM keep locking down, the solniod stop working when this happen and my ATO cause a disaster.
the flow meter reading jumps up and down and many other issues.
I had a ticket with Neptune they did offer to replace my flow meter, but I ended up passing on it and just threw away the meters and both atk and fmm. It was just too risky to use with my ato and too inaccurate to use the flow meters.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back