Flow Meters

M1i1t1c1h1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently in the market for a flow meter to determine flow for my UV. I have 2 questions pertaining to flow meters:
1) The plumbing for my sump is 1". My UV is 2". Should I put the flow meter after the 1"-2" adapter when the pipe is 2" before the UV? Or should I put it after the UV?
2) I recognize that flow meters aren't cheap. I know that I am going to have to spend a bit of money on one. Can anyone suggest a reputable brand that is sold in Canada? I am looking for flow readings between 2100-4000GPH or 30-65GPM (<-- not that scale exactly, just around there. The suggest flow rates for my UV range between 2000-3500GPH). I would prefer analog (for cost savings) not digital.
I appreciate all input.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you even get that kind of flow through a 1" pipe??? Also, how big is this UV where you would want that kind of flow rate through it?
Looking at a Neptune 1" flow sensor for an Apex, it maxes out at 1500gph (cost is only $60).

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back