Flow of reefer 250 question.

Jhoussock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just replaced my reefers sicce pump with a cor15 Neptune pump. I just eyeballed the flow by taking videos of the old pump and getting it close with the new one. I’m running the cor15 at 25% with one T with in line gate valve in the return line for a reactor. How does the flow of the return line look? Should I increase? I also have two mp10s running. Here’s a video with the new pump.

OP
OP
Jhoussock

Jhoussock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure the videos worki so here’s a YouTube link

leewish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 250 as well. My view is get more of the flow from the wavemakers versus the return pump.

OP
OP
Jhoussock

Jhoussock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 250 as well. My view is get more of the flow from the wavemakers versus the return pump.
I’m pretty sure they are cranked all the way up but I’m using that mode where they work together so at this particular time it looks like the right side was the one pushing.
Flow from return looks okay? The only issue I have is my sand getting brown after 3ish days so I just rake it and vaccum when I water change.

OP
OP
Jhoussock

Jhoussock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I had to turn my valve counter clockwise a smidge to stop water from going into the overflow...this should mean I’m pumping a little more water not a little less correct?

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. By turning counter-clockwise you are opening the return gate to allow more overflow return flow due to your increased return pump pushing more water up into the DT.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back