Flow options for a standard 120 (4x2x2)

  • Thread starter Thread starter tjsmk8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tjsmk8

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2014
Messages
112
Reaction score
23
Location
IN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just returned from vacation to find both of my jabeos dead. Everything looks to have survived and I have some supplemental flow rigged up for now, but I need to order a more permanent solution asap. Any suggestions based on personal experience? The tank is a mixed reef with the overflow on one end. Placement can only be on that end or the back glass. Thanks!
 
I am running a 150 gyre on the side and a mp40 on the back of my 120. I am thinking of adding another mp40 to the mix. Happy with the gyre though.
 
Thanks for the feedback. You have the gyre positioned horizontally I assume? I could only use a gyre vertically due to the overflow.
 
I currently have the gyre running horizontally on the side a few inches under the water, but I have run it vertically as well. Just seems to depend on your rockwork as to what works better.
 
Try soaking the jebeos in white vinegar overnight. Unless your power supply died, this should fix them.
 
24 hours is better, be sure to remove the rubber disk from the pump. Mine have to be soaked about once every other month, then they run and look like new.
 
I have always liked the Tunze products since I am old school and that is what we had during the day. I loved the wave timers and associated pumps. They were all part of the best aquarium I ever owned over 30 year ago.
 
Thanks everyone for the suggestions (and keep them coming!). I'll give the vinegar soak a shot, but the pumps were cleaned two weeks ago. Even if I bring them back to life, I think it's time for replacement. The gyre is tempting if I can just make the placement work.
 
I have two MP 40's in a 120, I am going to test it out for a few months, might end up adding in 1-2 more depending on how high I need to run the MP's
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new