Flow problem. Tunze nanostreams

nikospsa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a problem with cloudy water (it is not really visible in the photo). At first I thought there is a bacterial bloom but it seems that this is not the case. I noticed that the issue lies on how I have set my wavemakers up. The problem is that debris is being held in the middle of the tank and not going to the overflow and down to the sump for filtration. You can see in the picture below my setup. I tried moving the wavemakers in different positions but the nanostream 6045 is really strong and it is causing a lot of flow on my corals when moving on the other side, that is stressing them out a lot. Now I have deactivated the 6045 and let the 6040 work alone to see if it will move all the debris in the overflow. My tank without the sump is 310 litres. Also the pump (grey pipe) is throwing the water diagonally to the front glass. The original setup was with the 6045 next to the overflow(which was a mistake) looking up.
Do you have any ideas or suggestions?
thank you.

72B4DD7A-DEF0-4835-893F-29214A53664B.jpeg

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about putting the 6045 lower toward the front of the tank on the left side and putting the 6040 higher toward the back of the tank on the right side? That way, you’ll create a sort of gyre effect to push debris toward your overflow.

Back